St. George’s island and Cini Foundation

This extraordinary island facing the St. Mark’s lagoon is full of history and architecture. It was a monastery, then declined cause the Serenissima end abandoned. After 150 years of military occupation from Napoleon to the Austrian and again Italian army, the ex Benedictine Monastery was devastated.
Thank the Count Cini drive, in five years continuously works, from 1951 to 1956, the monastery establishment was giving back to his ancient glory. Today it hosts the Foundation


offices that take care of culture promotion and welcome prestigious events and meeting.


Do not miss the Cathedral, one of the masterpieces of Andrea Palladio and an unforgettable visit on the top of the bell tower with his wonderful 360 degrees panorama on Venice area and her lagoon.

Especially worth a visit the “Ultima cena” portrait of Tintoretto, this year will be celebrated the 500 years from his birth…stay tuned, we will get in touch with other news about this extraordinary artist…

Isola di S.Giorgio Maggiore, 30133 Venezia VE



Telephone: +39 

Hours: Saturday and Sunday  10.00 – 16.00

Address: Isola di S.Giorgio Maggiore, 30133 Venezia VE


Buy Lumigan Buy Allopurinol Online Relafen Online